In our Guide to the Workplace, we’ve put together some really useable top tips to set you up for success in the workplace.
What the guide looks at
- Day one! – things to achieve on day 1 and the things oyu might not think about (what’s the lunch situation?)
- Being nice! – you don’t get to pick your colleagues and they’re now your most important business contacts
- Being constructive! – it’s not about what you say, it’s how you go about saying it.
- Be organized – you’ll need to be self sufficient! There’s no teacher checking up on you at work.
- Speak out – good employees question everything – how? why? Spend time with others and don’t be afraid to check if you’re unsure
- Be accountable – take active control of your own to do list, your learning and development, and ugh – when things go wrong!